Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_cain
Helper II
Helper II

Autopopulate from SharePoint List

Hello,

Please refer to the screenshot below. I need the Property Name field to autopopulate when a user inputs the associated number in the FHA Number field. Once a user inputs the FHA Number, a linked SharePoint list (called A-MAP) will pull the property name based on the corresponding FHA Number.  Can anyone assist me with this? I've already linked the SharePoint list, but I cannot figure out how to make the Property Name field autopopulate with the data.  Thank you!

k_cain_0-1610139148062.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@k_cain 

Your formula is wrong.  Please use the following:

LookUp('A-Map', 'FHA Number'='FHA Number_Input'.Text, 'Property Name')

You have an extra paren in yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @k_cain ,

Set the Default property of the property name control to:

LookUp('A-MAP','FHA Number'=TextInputYourFHANumb0erControl.Text,'Property Name')

Hope it helps !

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@k_cain 

Set the Default property of the Property Name (assuming this is a Text Input control - if not, then set the Text property) to the following:

LookUp(A-Map, 'FHA Number' = Value(yourFHATextInputControlName.Text), 'Property Name')

Replace your actual names into the above and you should get what you want.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @k_cain ,

Assuming that

• 'FHA Number' field and 'Property Name' field are both the the list 'A-MAP' and 'FHA Number' is a Text value,  calling your Text Box txtFHANo in the below, the Default of the Property Name box would be 
LookUp(
   'A-MAP',
   'FHA Number' = txtFHANo.Text
).'Property Name'

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I tried that, but I'm getting an error message saying there's an incompatible type.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

k_cain_0-1610145522796.png

I tried that, but I'm getting an error message saying there's an incompatible type.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

k_cain_0-1610145522796.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@k_cain 

Is 'FHA Number' defined as a text column or numeric column in your list?

If it is text, then change your formula to:

Randy,

No luck with that either.  Please see the two screenshots below, which includes a screenshot of the SharePoint list column types from which the inputted FHA Number and Property Name will be pulled.  They are both listed as "Single line of text."

k_cain_0-1610147105002.png

k_cain_1-1610147118997.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@k_cain 

Your formula is wrong.  Please use the following:

You have an extra paren in yours.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,009)