cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint list

I need some urgent help here please. Quite new to PowerApps but a pro with InfoPath. I have a SharePoint list with Choice field and People field. I already have items on the list, where if Choice field = 'A', then people field is populated with user related to the choice field on the SharePoint list.

When I use this as a datasource in PowerApps, it returns the People field as a drop down. Not sure why.

However, my main task here is to allow users to select an item from the Drop down choice field. But I then want the People field to autopopulate base on the selected choice item in SharePoint list. This can usually be achieved in InfoPath by setting a condition and action rule. 

How can I achieve this please in PowerApps?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint li

i was looking into differnt post, and it looks like that it cant be done yet.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint li

Can you please provide the link to the post. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,038)