cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesman
Level: Powered On

Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint list

I need some urgent help here please. Quite new to PowerApps but a pro with InfoPath. I have a SharePoint list with Choice field and People field. I already have items on the list, where if Choice field = 'A', then people field is populated with user related to the choice field on the SharePoint list.

When I use this as a datasource in PowerApps, it returns the People field as a drop down. Not sure why.

However, my main task here is to allow users to select an item from the Drop down choice field. But I then want the People field to autopopulate base on the selected choice item in SharePoint list. This can usually be achieved in InfoPath by setting a condition and action rule. 

How can I achieve this please in PowerApps?

2 REPLIES 2
javierC

Re: Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint li

i was looking into differnt post, and it looks like that it cant be done yet.

lesman

Re: Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint li

Can you please provide the link to the post. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,313)