cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autopopulate people field base on selection of a drop down item with datasource in SharePoint list

I need some urgent help here please. Quite new to PowerApps but a pro with InfoPath. I have a SharePoint list with Choice field and People field. I already have items on the list, where if Choice field = 'A', then people field is populated with user related to the choice field on the SharePoint list.

When I use this as a datasource in PowerApps, it returns the People field as a drop down. Not sure why.

However, my main task here is to allow users to select an item from the Drop down choice field. But I then want the People field to autopopulate base on the selected choice item in SharePoint list. This can usually be achieved in InfoPath by setting a condition and action rule. 

How can I achieve this please in PowerApps?

2 REPLIES 2
javierC
Frequent Visitor

i was looking into differnt post, and it looks like that it cant be done yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please provide the link to the post. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,901)