We are using TEXT data types in a SQL Server table (we know this is deprecated - its a legacy thing) and since the 10th July any "=" comparison has started throwing an unspecified error: "An error occured on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response."
We created a new table in another Test DB and confirmed the issue.
In the image attached the first 2 Gallery's are Filtered on the same columns in 2 separate databases but both columns are TEXT in the 3rd Gallery the Filter is on a varchar(255) column.
Thanks in advance,
Hi @bce ,
Have you checked on other exisiting apps?
Can you please try to:
1. Refresh your data source inside the app.
View > Data Sources > Horizontal ellipsis on the Data source > Refresh
2. Check the status and fix the connection in the Connection List.
File > i(will open a new tab) > check status if connected
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Thanks for responding. Yes we have 🙂 We have also created a new table in an another DB and added a column with a TEXT datatype. We created a new test app to check with and the issue is the same.
This was working perfectly for months and months and just started occuring yesterday.
Its not just one app or one DB or one connector in one Environment so it sure looks like a platform issue.
Hi @bce ,
Crrently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Recently, there are also some unknown issue with the Azure SQL Server connector in PowerApps.
The user @MrMarshall has faced similar issue with you, please check the following thread:
Now the issue seems to be fixed, please consider try it on your side, check if the issue is solved.
In addition, please consider remove the Text type column from your SQL Table, instead, add a varchar(255) type column in your SQL Table to store the data, then check if the issue is solved.
Thanks for following up. I checked the link and this is unfortunately unrelated (our issue is not with triggers).
The issue does not occur with varchar(max) only with text. We know text is deprecated but we have to use it in this DB for legacy reasons. The connector doco does still include text as a valid data type:
We have opened a ticket and it has been referred to the engineering team for review. We are working around the problem using StartsWith() which thankfully is delegable.
Will post back if (or when) the engineering guys come back.
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST
Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.
Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!