cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Azure SQL Data loads to PowerApps in browser but not on mobile devices

I have an app that relies on a Table and a View (both ~ 5000 items) to run. 

 

I'm using the following code. I tried it both "on app run" and using main screen "on visible". Everything loads fine on the desktop, but neither collection gets populated on a mobile device. I tried this with multiple users and the result is the same.

 

ClearCollect(RepCustomers, Filter( '[dbo].[vAOC_Customers]', Email = User().Email));
ClearCollect(ItemList, SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[vAOC_Items]', ActiveStatus = "Active" , CustomField_ItemStatus = "CORE" || CustomField_ItemStatus = "PILLAR" ), "Item_Name" ) )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Azure SQL Data loads to PowerApps in browser but not on mobile devices

Found a solution with a help of a friend.

 

Turns out using a function to look up user email withing the delegated Filter function did not work. Creating a variable named "useremail" and using that to delegate the filter to the database solved the problem. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Azure SQL Data loads to PowerApps in browser but not on mobile devices

Just a quick check before looking at more complex possibilities - are you logged into the mobile devices with the same account as the browser?

Maybe put a label with User().Email on the screen just to be certain.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Azure SQL Data loads to PowerApps in browser but not on mobile devices

I did that before posting just to make sure and yes, they are the same. Only one of the collections is dependent on the user email, but neither loads in the app. 

 

 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Azure SQL Data loads to PowerApps in browser but not on mobile devices

Found a solution with a help of a friend.

 

Turns out using a function to look up user email withing the delegated Filter function did not work. Creating a variable named "useremail" and using that to delegate the filter to the database solved the problem. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,654)