cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Azure SQL Server database calls takes minutes instead of seconds

I'm also experiencing this. The perfomance is very inconsistent. Sometimes it will be super responsive, but then it'll go through random periods of very sluggish performance. 

Is there anything that can be done? Is this on the Azure SQL end, or the Powerapps end? Does anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same here. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Facing same issue right now. I've upgraded my database service doubling DTUs with no success. The issue isn't related to database performance. It's something in the connection.

Highlighted

Bump this up one.  I'm seeing major performance for a PowerApp to Azure SQL on multiple tenants.  We have multiple clients that use the same app/arch and are ALL seeing the slow performance.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same thing. It's definitely something in the connction, not performance of the database. Really hoping someone from Microsoft responds or acknowledges this so we can expect some sort of resolution or explanation. 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are experiencing the same issue. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is making many production apps unusable. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Exactly same here. The connection to Azure SQL is so unpredicatble. Well, I would say 70-80% of the time is "Normal", but from time to time, it will hangs, and after 10-15 mins, it will come back to normal. Out tempory solution is to create another same connection with diffrent names, every time one connection hangs, we ask our user to "switch" to another connection. And the app can work normally.

We check the Azure SQL Server and everything looks fine. Out guess is the connection from Powerapps to Azure got stuck for some reason. Seeing so many people suffered from this issue makes me thing this is a bug of Powerapps. Please try to find out the cause of the issue and fix it. Thanks.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

The performance seems a lot of better this week. Anyone else still has this issue yet?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I don't think so. I've users reporting slowness today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,940)