cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edobaria
Frequent Visitor

Azure SQL Server vs SharePoint for PowerApps for more than 50k records (large data set)

I have used PowerApps with SharePoint lists and Azure SQL DB for few apps but now I want to use it for large data set and I know we have certain limitations with the PowerApps in terms of delegation on various functions.

If anyone used PowerApps for large data sets then please suggest what to take care of while selecting the right backend. This app will be used from many locations and role-based features I need to include.

so, Which backend source is best with PowerApps if I have to work with more than 50k records Azure SQL server or SharePoint? 

1 REPLY 1
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @edobaria 

Without a doubt, SQL Server is  far better than SharePoint if you need to work with 50K record sets and more.

It provides far better support for delegable operators compared to SharePoint. It's possible to optimise performance even further with views, stored procedures, indexes, etc.

Other areas where SQL Server outperforms SharePoint include supporting for importing/exporting data, backing up data, scripting, and 3rd pary tooling support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,816)