cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Azure SQL new tables, columns and view updates taking ages to show up in Power Apps

Has anyone else noticed it can take up to 30 mintues before Azure SQL changes show in Power Apps Canvas? this never used to happen.

Here is what Microsoft had to say

"Greeting for the day. Hope you are doing well!

If you create and field in view/table then to get updated field quickly in PowerApps, you need to create data source again.
By default, PowerApps will take some time to reflect field which has been created in Azure SQL.

Appreciate for your valuable time and I look forward to assisting you! "

Most times when i update SQL it takes quite a while to show in Power Apps Canvas.  It doesnt matter how many times i hit Refresh data. i can delete the table/view and re add it, no change. the only thing that works is adding a new connector to Azure SQL.  what a mess!

Development is taking quite a while now...

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

I'm not currently doing any development against SQL (thanks to the licensing changes) but I recall this came up about a year ago as well (changes to SQL table/view structures taking a long time to be reflected in PowerApps).

I don't recall ever seeing a specific reason or resolution - it just got really slow for a week or two and then went back to normal.

May be worth raising a ticket with MS? Try to determine what is the 'expected time range' to see the changes and then raise a ticket again any time you see it go beyond that range. Agree that having to wait half an hour to see your SQL changes in a 'rapid development tool' is not really on...

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,152)