Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar_PA
Advocate I
Advocate I

B2C understanding of Power apps

Hi all , If anyone can help me out with the below query :

Can I have a power app, that is designed in a way that it works like a B2C app and then that can be used from app store / play store  , much like the apps built in React for example. Also if i would use react for my this purpose I would not have to pay for a license for 1000 users .

But in case of power apps do I need to have licenses for all 1000 users that will be using the app ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@Kumar_PA 

@RandyHayes  is correct in that Power Apps is not really appropriate for B2C scenarios.

Whilst it's possible to Wrap and to distribute canvas apps through the Apple and Google Play Stores, the licensing implications remain exactly the same - each user requires a license, and access to an app is scoped at an environment level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-apps/maker/common/wrap/overview

View solution in original post

timl
Super User
Super User

@Kumar_PA - yes, that's correct. So an O365 license is sufficient to access SharePoint, for example.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Kumar_PA 

PowerApps cannot be made available in an app/play store.  They are specific to the Power Platform in the Office 365 environment.  They can be shared across environments, but each user would access it through the Platform and would require a license to use it (if they have an Office 365 license, then they already have a PowerApp license)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
timl
Super User
Super User

@Kumar_PA 

@RandyHayes  is correct in that Power Apps is not really appropriate for B2C scenarios.

Whilst it's possible to Wrap and to distribute canvas apps through the Apple and Google Play Stores, the licensing implications remain exactly the same - each user requires a license, and access to an app is scoped at an environment level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-apps/maker/common/wrap/overview

Thanks for the explanation.
@RandyHayes 
@timl 

So, the O365 license will be sufficient  for users for basic connectors ? , but for premium connectors  licenses will need to upgrade as per needs  , i am right in saying this ?

timl
Super User
Super User

@Kumar_PA - yes, that's correct. So an O365 license is sufficient to access SharePoint, for example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,546)