cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkNuvair
Level: Powered On

BC365 On Prem Connector Pictures not Working

Hello community!

I can't find the answer to this anywhere and it's driving me nuts so I'm recruiting you guys to try and help me solve this.

All I’m trying to do is pull my item list into a gallery with the pictures we’ve added into the Item Card(s) in our Business Central 365 On Premises (Pretty standard operation for PowerApps I would think, right? Pictures with your Item attributes.). Please see the attached screen shot “BC365 Item Card Example”. I’ve tried several different iterations of the statement that’s supposed to pull those in and none of them are working. I’ve resolved to try specific naming at this point just to try to get it to work. I figured I could modify the statement later to be more dynamic and useful once I figured out the syntax. However, even with direct naming in the function it still is not pulling the pictures from the table. See the attached screen shot “Image Issue BC365”. I've also tried things like ThisItem.picture, so on and so forth.

Another interesting note for further down the line, it does not like me concatenating the statement for a dynamic pull. For example, instead of using items(00ea970b-1484-4427-85f1-000210382280) like I have in my screen shot, I originally tried to use what I thought was proper: example: items(“+ThisItem.id+”) and it got mad it me saying “expected image value”. Here are a couple of links for some of the stuff I’ve been reading about it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/fin-graph/api/dynamics_picture_get

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Image-conrol-not-showing-image/td-p/304031

Do you have any advice as to what I’m not understanding here? Seems strange to me that they would include the pictures as a stock API and not give you a way to leverage it.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: BC365 On Prem Connector Pictures not Working

@MarkNuvair 

I am not sure if the image is available in Business Central 365 On Premises Api, but you can save the table return from BC to a collection, and check if there is an image column in the gallery.

You can also submit a Support Ticket to Microsoft to get further assistance.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,777)