cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

BUG, Dropdown behind Text Inputs (Forms and Galleries)

Hi,

I have a bug that i cannot find out why it keeps occuring,

The dropdowns in my edit form do not display infront of the text inputs below it, Here is two examples, i have similar issues with buttons when using variables, if i change the position and size of these troublesome dropdowns they fix themselves i.e see last image (same app, same dropdown. Moved 40px to the left..)

Anyone have any resolves?

PS I have tried removing the troublesome datacards and replacing.. also i cannot remove the whole form as all the datacards have been modified for aesthetics. This app is finished (month or so of work) and the error was found in the testing stages.

I do believe it may be an issue with copy and pasting the forms? also there the issue only occurs on two forms (same datasource) however one is to view and edit and the other is to add new (They do very different things besides that however)

exa1.png

exa2.png

exa3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @Questionasking ,

I can confirm that Surface Books also suffer the same problem on some external UHD monitors at 150% font size.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Helper III
Helper III

Its very easy to fix that, just move your elements up and down in your PowerApps Studio Designer to change wich element will be displayed at what z-axys (Toppest at the top, lowest at the low).

Snag_458e713.png

@FrostedFlake wrote:

Its very easy to fix that, just move your elements up and down in your PowerApps Studio Designer to change wich element will be displayed at what z-axys (Toppest at the top, lowest at the low).

Snag_458e713.png

Hi,

firstly thankyou for being helpful, however i do already know about the ordering of elements. Its not that, for example the editform is up the top in both screens..

ex4.png

Bump, any MVP or Microsoft staff able to provide some insight into this? Should i try to contact microsoft help desk? this appears to be a bug?

Hi @Questionasking ,

Yes it is a bug, but not necessarily in Power Apps. It occurs in certain monitors at particular font size percentages and generally on the right side of the screen, but it is not consistent and I have yet to find a clear connection between what works and what does not. I get it on Samsung UHD monitors at 150% font size. Something in the graphic card is not resolving the Power Apps "layers" properly.

Test this by changing the font size or displaying on a different monitor type.

This may not be a solution, but when it happens, I shift the offending controls further left until they work.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks Warren, currently on the original surface laptop. Ill test it out on another laptop and report back 

Thanks @Questionasking ,

I can confirm that Surface Books also suffer the same problem on some external UHD monitors at 150% font size.

View solution in original post

I changed mine to custom 140 and its fixed, thankyou very much.

Sorry for the late reply, holidays etc.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,938)