cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrokenClock
Helper I
Helper I

[BUG] Gallery template size breaks when screen size changes

I've been created a grid like screen, building Editable Grid Power Apps .
I've noticed a weird behaviour, where when I reduce the height of the windows the app is displayed in (for instance, from a standard 16/9 to 16/4), the templates seem to have padding in between them:
The normal view:

BrokenClock_2-1659453114551.png

what happens when I reduce the height of the windows (say tile the browser to the bottom/top half of the screen)

BrokenClock_3-1659453264263.png

This also happens in a standard gallery I have within the app

BrokenClock_1-1659452775613.png

(Notice below how each item has extra padding on top of it)

BrokenClock_0-1659452743458.png

This behaviour happens whether Grid.TemplateHeight is a fixed value or a calculated value.
All template fields have got their height set to : Height=Grid.TemplateHeight
Grid.TemplatePadding=0

This behaviour makes no sense to me, and I've lost a day banging my head against it.
Is it possible this is an internal inconsistency between using absolute and relative units (px vs percent for example)

1 REPLY 1
BrokenClock
Helper I
Helper I

I may have found the issue, and it seems it is a bug with the platform itself (how it's not been caught before, not sure)

This behaviour of inconsitent template sizes only happens if the screen size changes while the user is on the same screen. Once the screen is reloaded, (navigate in/out of another screen), everything lines up just fine.

I'm assuming there's two "values" used within Powerapps to define a gallery's template height when displaying in browser, and one of them is fixed while the other one is dynamic,. Different components of the gallery therefore become placed inconsistently.

This even more of an issue on mobile when the orientation of the screen can change on the app, breaking grid display.
When switching from landscape to portrait on mobile, the grid breaks so hard that the delimiters stop lining up with the items.

I confirmed the issue on firefox and chrome on linux, as well as firefox and the powerapps app on android.

From source portrait

BrokenClock_0-1659457086260.png

To landscape (broken)

BrokenClock_1-1659457160278.png

From source landscape

BrokenClock_2-1659457222303.png

To portrait (broken)

BrokenClock_3-1659457259980.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,946)