cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

BUG: PowerApp SharePoint List Form not refreshing anymore

Hi PowerApps Team, I have an important problem with SharePoint PowerApps Forms.

They no longer update the values in the from of a list (see Video / see Screen).  The problem is new a few days ago everything was still fine. If I reload the complete page in the browser, the form is ok again. Smiley Sad

What can I do? Same on all browsers and operating systems.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I can't really quote anything here that verifies MS is looking at it.  My contact with the team is through an MVP only email DL.  But they did tell me they are looking into it and have reproduced the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Frequent Visitor

@Pstork1 , @RandyHayes  Okay, I think Microsoft had fixed the problem with caching. On my site everything is working now without extra refreshing. Thx.

@Pstork1 wrote:

I can't really quote anything here that verifies MS is looking at it.  My contact with the team is through an MVP only email DL.  But they did tell me they are looking into it and have reproduced the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@RandyHayes , @Pstork1 I'm going crazy. Now the problem is there again. Maybe it's a problem with load on backend or on what environment I am connected to. Oh great. Cat Embarassed

@Pstork1 wrote:

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The people I talked to thought it was probably a timing problem.  So until they get it fixed it might appear and disappear depending on load and how quick you are re-accessing the same record.  I'll post back when I hear there is a fix going in place.  Last I talked to them yesterday it was still being looked at.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

@Pstork1 

Thanks for the follow-up on that.  Just wanted to make sure they were dealing with this issue - which appears to be similar to the other, but different.

Possibly both related as they both deal with the same factor.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey guys,

I was with the same issue in some applications here, now I've disabled the "Use longer data cache timeout and background refresh" option under the form experimental settings and it is working normally...

The Refresh call would work too but it makes form load slower for large lists.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Refresh() inside OnSave and OnSuccess  solved part of my problem. 

The lists are refreshing the data, except in cases the list are grouped.

Ex:

List items is grouped by Status. I edit the item and the list is not refreshing.

List items not grouped. I edit the item and the list is refreshing.

Any suggestion?! Thanks in advance!

Highlighted

@Anonymous - we're having the same problem on our end when using grouping in the library (rather than a list) - without grouping the library view's properties refreshed immediately.

@RandyHayes and @skylitedave - any thoughts on why grouping might be the cause?  I found an interesting workaround for views with grouping: (1) change the property using the standard (non-Power Apps) properties form (which correctly updates the library view).  (2) for all subsequent property updates, use the Power Apps properties form to update (the library view with grouping refreshes as expected).  I'm happy to provide additional context if needed.  To your earlier posts, I've included Refresh() function calls within the OnEdit and OnSuccess events within the form and turned off the 'Delayed Load' Preview Feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,604)