Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEPatton
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

BUG REPORT: Datatable control loses fields as of 2.0.690

53 REPLIES 53

**Same here

Refresh any time or just the first time you open the app? At my end I can only repro when you refresh the first time after you open the app.

for me it seems it is only the 1st time - just ran a quick test - added in the columns - refreshed - it reset.  Added columns again and refresh did not reset the datatable.

This is still a huge problem as I am in the middle of adding many more columns to my sharepoint list and it will be done in stages - so i could come back in a month and add a new page which requires new columns and it will break my datatable again - very frustrating.

It appears to be only the 1st time.  The user had added columns to the SharePoint List so they refreshed the datasource to get that info and that erased the datatable.  I was able to re-configure and refresh and it was ok.  Like Gargoolgala was saying, this is definitely a problem because if you ever need to add new columns it's not feasible to have that erase your whole datatable and have to re-configure every time.

Thanks both, yes agree this is a problem. I just wanted to make sure that there were no other scenarios that we miss when addressing this issue.

@anees

This makes sense now as we have automatic data refresh functions (for SharePoint Online lists) occuring when the app loads and on certain screens (run from OnVisible in both instances).

Version 2.0.760

In my case, I am using a collection to feed the data table control.

The formula I use is for the collection is Collect(Collection,{....}).Capture6.PNG

Every time I reopen the app (exit PowerApps and Open the project), the fields in the data table control are not selected. I need to reselect the field in order to feed the data table control. During the running, it works fine. But case happens when I reopen the app.

Capture5.PNG

Please help to fix if possible.

jackson0084
Frequent Visitor

wrote:

Bug originally identified here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Data-Table-Display-a-Collection-Issue/m-p/55342#...

And again, here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Datatable-lost-fields/m-p/55375#M22915

Can we have a response to know that MS is aware of the issue?

Version 2.0.760

The formula I use is for the collection is Collect(Collection,{....}).Capture6.PNG

Every time I reopen the app (exit PowerApps and Open the project), the fields in the data table control are not selected. I need to reselect the field in order to feed the data table control. During the running, it works fine. But case happens when I reopen the app.

Capture5.PNG

jackson0084
Frequent Visitor

Version 2.0.760

Capture6.PNG

The issues seen with the Refresh Datasource and the Collection, during a save and reload, have the same root cause, that has been identified, and a fix is on its way. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,144)