cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaine
Level: Powered On

BUG REPORT: Error > Detail > Location - Invalid

Hi,

My screen is reporting an error, which is useful to know. However, when I drill into the error detail, the Location is simply reporting cause of the error and not the location of the error. What I need to know is:

1. Which control is responsible for the error, and
  2. Which property/event handler is responsible for the error.

See screenshots for more context.

Thanks,

Kaine

2019-02-06_1105.pngError reporting is useful2019-02-06_1106.pngThe Location is meaningless

7 REPLIES 7
Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

Re: BUG REPORT: Error > Detail > Location - Invalid

@Kaine ,

If I am understanding you, you would like to see the control name surfaced in the Errors pane.

Can you share more feedback about your experiencing clicking the red error and the error within the pane?

Power Apps Staff

Can you share more about the error here for context? What were you trying to do and when you click the error, what control is selected?

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Bump - @TopShelf-MSFT 

2019-02-06_1105.pngError reporting is useful2019-02-06_1106.pngThe Location is meaningless

Highlighted
KaineVarley

Hi @Mr-Dang-MSFT ,

My apologies, but I've not been around recently. I reported this, not to have the problem resolved, although that would be a bonus, but rather to illustrate, what I consider to be a defect. The defect being that there is insufficient information being made available to help diagnose the problem.

With regards to the error, I'm afraid that I cannot give you anymore than I already have. I would welcome any suggestions to get more information. I'm not sure how the error arose, but if I delete every control on the screen, the error remains. I have tried copying the screen and the error is replicated on the duplicated screen too. I have checked through every single property of every single control, but cannot find any references to the issue being reported. This is why, knowing the property or event together with the control that is reporting the error would be very helpful.

Simply double-clicking the red cross reveals the Formulas pane, with the error listed. I have included a further screenshot of this, showing the ItemLinesPage_Old and ItemLinesPage_1 screens, both displaying the same problem. The ItemLinesPage_1 screen, as you can see, is an empty screen containing no controls at all.

As you can see from my original post, actually having the location, as seems to be suggested by the label on the error detail pane, would be really helpful.

Please let me know if I can provide you with any other information.

Kaine

2019-02-26_0809.png

Power Apps Staff

Are you in a Preview environment or are you using content edited in a Preview environment?

I think the error you're seeing is in the Height and Width property of the screen which will be available later.

In the right-hand properties pane, click Advanced at the top. Can you tell me if the Height and Width properties are there for you?

Power Apps Staff

@Kaine,

Can you save a local copy of the app with only the blank screen with the error? Then send me a PM.

Kaine

Hi  @Mr-Dang-MSFT ,

@Mr-Dang-MSFT wrote:

Are you in a Preview environment or are you using content edited in a Preview environment?

I'm afraid that I don't fully understand your first question. This is the in-browser editor for the PowerApp.

@Mr-Dang-MSFT wrote:

I think the error you're seeing is in the Height and Width property of the screen which will be available later.

In the right-hand properties pane, click Advanced at the top. Can you tell me if the Height and Width properties are there for you?

This makes sense, given the error description. I can confirm that neither Height nor Width are available via the Advanced tab.

Kaine

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,345)