cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sienna
Level 10

BUG REPORT: Pie chart color problems

The pie chart acting weird on iphone. The colors are completely different from set colors and placed in different order.

Here is piechart on pc which is correct (don't mind the circle in the middle)

desk.png

Here is what I get on iphone

iphones.png

Legend is custom made and uses same colors as piecharts Color.Green Color.Orange Color.Blue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Re: BUG REPORT: Pie chart color problems

@Sienna I finally managed to reproduce the bug. It is caused by the delay in loading remote data which causes the pie chart to be not initialized correctly.

As a workaround, you can set the pie chart colors when the app screen is visible. For example:

1. OnStart of the app, set a global variable x to some arbitrary set of colors. It doesn't matter because we will be replacing them in step 3.
  2. Set the PieChart.ItemColorSet to a global variable x.
  3. Then, for the screen with the pie chart, OnVisible = Set(x, [desired colors]).

This bug also affects the Column Chart. The fix would probably be out in a month's time.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Sienna
Level 10

Can anyone from pg take a look at it... I would really appreciate fix ASAP
wz366
Level: Powered On

Can you reproduce the issue on android or webplayer? What version of PowerApps you are using on your iPhone?

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

How are the colors used in the PieChart? You can find this in ItemColorSet, in the Advanced panel of the Pie Chart. You also mentioned that you are creating your own legend. To clarify, you are not using the Legend control that comes with the Pie Chart, right?

Sienna
Level 10

As you said... that is my own legend, not from pie chart legend and colors are as I mentioned above
[Color.Green, Color.Orange, Color.Blue]
Same are used in the custom legend which are correct in both OS. Only pie chart has faulty colors
Sienna
Level 10

I forgot to tag you @tahoon
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

@Sienna One more thing, you mentioned that it worked on the desktop. Was it in the Studio or from the PowerApps Web Player? The PowerApps Web Player can be accessed from web.powerapps.com > select your app > click the Play button (not the Edit button). If you haven't tried the web player, it's worth testing to see if the problem also appears there.

Sienna
Level 10

Just tried that and it comes with exactly same faulty colors as on iphone
Sienna
Level 10

Sienna
Level 10

Sorry and it works in studio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,522)