cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SorenRavn
Frequent Visitor

BUG: System-Versioned Temporal Tables

I have run into an issue.

Powerapp is having an issue with System-Versioned Temporal Tables when using On-premises data gateway.  

When creating new record, start_date and end_date are seen by PowerApps as required fields.

I have tested it it is working fine on an Azure SQL DB, but when using an data gateway to connect to an On-premises SQL DB.

PowerApp require start_date and end_date values.

See more here about PowerApp and System-Versioned Temporal Tables   

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Support-for-SQL-Server-and-Azure-SQL-DB-temporal...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SorenRavn
Frequent Visitor

I just got good news from Microsoft PSS, the issue was fixed in the lates version of On-premises data gateway.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SorenRavn,

Have you updated your PowerApps to the latest version and try?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Lisabel0
Helper V
Helper V

I saw in the idea thread and there is a ms staff said that this is already fixed.

@v-monli-msft 

Hi Mona

I am using PowerApps Studio Web, but have also tryed the lates PowerApps Studio 

Same error.

@Lisabel0

HI Lisabel 

The Issue with system-versioned temporal tables have recently been fixed , when using an Azure SQL Database.

I have verified new row can be created on Azure SQL Database, with system-versioned temporal tables enabed, using Power Apps.

I believe the issue still exist when using On-Premises Data Gateway and an On-Premises SQL Server 2016 or 2017 ( i have tested on both Versions ) 

SorenRavn
Frequent Visitor

I just got good news from Microsoft PSS, the issue was fixed in the lates version of On-premises data gateway.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,619)