Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

BUG: Text input lag on iPhone and IE, NOT (so much in) Chrome

Hello, 

I have observed some users of my app with serious (3-5 seconds) lag between typing on their keyboard and the characters rendering on the screen. 

This issue is occurring in the iPhone app and in Internet Explorer. The issue is present in Chrome as well, but to a lesser degree (1-2 seconds).

What type of info can I grab from user for this type of issue? Is a session ID valuable here?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: BUG: Text input lag on iPhone and IE, NOT (so much in) Chrome

Hi @ericonline,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of my iOS device is 11.4, the version of PowerApps Mobile App within it is 3.18093.32.

Please check if the version of the PowerApps Mobile App within your users' iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it into the latest version, then check if the issue is solved.

You could also consider take a try to ask your end users to uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from their iOS device, then re-install it, check if the issue still exists.

For the issue when running an app within IE (IE11), please make sure your end users have turned off "Compatibility View" option within their IE browser. if the issue still exists, please take a try to clear cache of their browser, then check if the issue is solved.

Note: Some functionalities within PowerApps are not supported within IE browser, please run apps within Chrome to get better performance.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,834)