cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyFitz
Level: Powered On

BUG - multi selection in combo box for e-mails

Good Afternoon

i have created an app where the user can enter free text, and some attachments, then select multiple people to e-mail using a combo box (comboBox6) for selection. It has a connection to Outlook and to the spreadsheet containing the e-mail addresses. It was woking very well, untill friday 1st June when the multi send stopped working. you can still select who to send it to, however the actual e-mail only sends to the last peoson on the list, not all selected. No code was changed. it just stopped working for all users. I have checked everything in the app and there are no errors. Ive Deleted and re-added the combo box, deteted and re-connected the spreadsheet. nothing seems to be fixing the problem. the code in the 'send e-mail' button is as followss (and worked perfectly up until the 1st June):

Office365.SendEmail(ComboBox6.Selected.'e-mail address',"SiteNotesApp "&"Notification "&" "&DatePicker1,Concatenate("Site: ","<br>")&'Site Name Lable D/E'&Concatenate("<br><br>","Job No: ","<br>")&'Job No. Lable D/E'&Concatenate("<br><br>","Note Type: ","<br>")&'Note Type Lable D/E'&Concatenate("<br><br>","Detail: ","<br>")&'Main Body Text D/E',{Attachments:ClearCollect(Colattach,{Name:"QuickSnap.jpg",ContentBytes:'QuickSnaps Image D/E'.Image,'@odata.type':""},{Name:"PhotoUpload.jpg",ContentBytes:'UploadedImage D/E'.Image,'@odata.type':""}),IsHtml:true})

i belive this could be a bug within powerapps rather than the app i have built, purley because it stopped working without any change from my end. 

Any help/info to resolve this would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: BUG - multi selection in combo box for e-mails

Hello AndyFitz,

I cannot explain the reason your application stopped working recently, but I do see an issue in your formula that sends emails. The issue is that you use "ComboBox6.Selected" which contains only the last selected item and is usually used in a "single-select". Try using "ComboBox6.SelectedItems" instead. That property contains all the selected items. Please note that the "SelectedItems" property is a table (while Selected is a record type) so you may also need to use "Concat" function in order to convert your table to a list of comma-separated values. Please see this for more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-concatenate

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Hello AndyFitz,

I cannot explain the reason your application stopped working recently, but I do see an issue in your formula that sends emails. The issue is that you use "ComboBox6.Selected" which contains only the last selected item and is usually used in a "single-select". Try using "ComboBox6.SelectedItems" instead. That property contains all the selected items. Please note that the "SelectedItems" property is a table (while Selected is a record type) so you may also need to use "Concat" function in order to convert your table to a list of comma-separated values. Please see this for more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-concatenate

View solution in original post

AndyFitz
Level: Powered On

HI dinusc

Thank you for the quick response. This has solved the issue! thank you!

no idea why this worked before up until friday, but thank you for the fix! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,513)