cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

[BUG] "Bad data source - not a valid data source" error after moving app from one environment to another

I am getting the above error when moving an app from one environment to another.

My app is a canvas app with one connector, to SQL Server, using SQL authentication. 

I created this app in my development environment, and once it was ready for testing I exported it and then imported it in to our test environment, where the SQL Server connector already existed. On import I said create new application (although it also happens when updating) and then selected the correct SQL Server connector as part of the import process.

When I open the app in the editor I get two runtime errors, as in the title of this post:

The requested operation is invalid.
Server Response: Bad Data Source.
     inner exception: Not a valid data source.
clientRequestId: .....

If I remove the data source and re-add it everything works fine, but I shouldn't have to do that. This same issue will arise when I move from test -> production, and clearly you should not be editing apps when they are promoted to production - this invalidates every ALM principle ever.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can someone please take a look at this? It's hugely frustrating

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is still happening. I hate PowerApps.

It looks like disabling the advanced sql connector feature fixes things, so way to go. Great enhancement there. Well tested.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,370)