cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

BUG2 TODAY: Sharepoint columns renamed by PowerApps to random strings

ugh

 

- Yesterday I created a large Sharepoint custom list 
- Today I connected this list to a Form Control in the PowerApp I've been working on
- MANY of the fields were somehow "auto-named" by PowerApps to random strings
- This makes calling or Patching values quite impossible
![automaticRename.png
- What gives?

14 REPLIES 14
ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

All good @anees, I think I got it. 

 

The part of this situation that prompted the post is that, its random which column received internal vs display name: 

 

  1. I create SP lists all the time as PowerApp backends and this has never happened before
  2. For this particular list, only 12 or so of the 40 columns show the "internal" name. The rest are named just like I named them.
  3. 2 columns are named "ODATA.%20..." which isn't an internal nor display name.

 

I just want to prevent this from happening again when I recreate this 40 column list and future lists. Sounds like its being worked on. I appreciate all the follow up. 

 

Lets me know i'm not going crazy! 🙂

ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @anees and @LanceDelano. My memory was jogged and I believe I found the issue. 

 

  • Instead of clicking "List Settings/Advanced/Create Column" on this particular list, I used Quick Edit to add columns. 

After communicating this issue with another user, they also saw this random naming issue when using Quick Edit to add columns. 

 

I haven't had the time to reproduce the error, but its something you may want to investigate. 

TTaylorAPS
Frequent Visitor

This is happening again. Earlier this week I was able to reference display names from my SharePoint list, today, I cannot access several columns and the name has been changed to internal names (that I never entered i.e. _x0067_js7)

 

Please advise.

Hi @TTaylorAPS ,

 

I found that this problem occurs when:

- In a Sharepoint list, you enter "Quick Edit Mode"

- While in Quick Edit Mode, you click "Add Column"

- All columns added in this way will be created with a random string as you indicated.

 

Did you create new columns in this manner?

Hi and Thanks.

I normally create the list before the PowerApp and never experienced the issue before.

It has since seemed to have resolved itself.🤔
I'll keep your tips in mind going forward though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,527)