Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abd3127
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Backspace jumps one space back while deleting a value from Textbox

Hi,

I am saving a number from text-box to collection. After clicking outside the text-box I am formatting that number to currency. But when i am deleting that number using 'backspace' button of keyboard, it is not deleting all the digits. Whenever there is a comma or dollar sign, 'backspace' is jumping one space to previous character.

How do I avoid this.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abd3127 ,

Can you please share more details about your issue? Like what is the formula that you use to save the number to a collection? How did you format that number to currency? Did you mean that you cannot delete all numbers from the text input control using "backspace"? You could try to explain your issue using some screenshots if possible. Do mask sensitive information before your upload.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ElektroHulk

I have the same problem. 

I have a text input which fetches data from a database and is also editable, allowing me to modify that data.

When I am trying to remove the data from within the text input using backspace (meaning I am dropping my cursor at the end of the line then press backspace repeatedly and fast) Powerapps skips a character/space, leaving me with one character left in the text input when I am supposedly finished deleting. I need to press delete one more time or press RIGHT ARROW and then Backspace again. 

This can sometimes create an inconvenience when certain users are used to deleting input data using backspaces instead of CTRL + A + DEL, hence errors which can end up costing money. 

Does anybody know what is this related to? Any workarounds?

If it's a framework related issue, anybody knows when and if it is going to be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,343)