cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZSDennis
Frequent Visitor

Banner Image of SharePoint News library not showing

Hi, 

I have a simple gallery with a SharePoint Sitepages library as a datasource. In the library there are al lot of news pages. 

In the gallery I have 2 fields: Titel + Bannerimage ('ThisItem.Bannerimage-URL'). 

The problem is that the images are not showing in the PowerApp of a mobile device. When I run it in the browser the image are working fine. 

How can I fix this? I just want to create a simple roll-up with company news. 

Thans in advance. 

Cheers, Dennis

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ZSDennis ,

Yes, that is expected on mobile devices due to the way that they try to resolve URLs anonymously (even if you are signed into SharePoint.

I have done a blog on SharePoint Images that may be of interest to you.

The Value you need here to show the image in a gallery or form based on the Library is

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

You can also use .Medium and .Small

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks for you reply. 

I have edit the image control to ThisItem.'Miniatuur'.Large (Dutch) but still no image. Not in the browser and not in a mobile app. Other suggestions would be welcome 🙂 

Good to know it that it's a Sitepage library with .asxp pages. 

Hi @ZSDennis ,

I have never needed to translate this before but this is the only solution for mobile devices if the image is in a SharePoint library. You are also missing the {} in the syntax

ThisItem.'{Miniatuur}'.Large

Example below, which is a production iPad app 

ThumbnailCode.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Ok, try this. 

1. Create a news post

2. Add a banner image

3. Give the newspost a Title and some random text. 

4. Now go to powerapps and try to create a gallery based on this 'Sitepages' library. 

5. Put the title in the gallery and the BannerImage. 

6. In de webbrowser everything is fine. No go to a mobile device and open PowerApps. 

7 The BannerImage isn't showing. 

If you get this working then you are my hero 🙂 

Hi @DennisNL2020 ,

I assume you are the same person as the original post?
The screenshot I posted is of a Gallery based on a SharePoint Library with an Image Control in it with the Image property ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large   

This is used on iPads (and works also on Android) for field photos and also displays fine in browsers on PCs.

So if you have a gallery in Power Apps based on your Library and use the image control in  it with these settings, it will show the picture on any device.

Are you sure this is a Library you are creating?

Yes same person, sorry about that 🙂 Difference machine, different account. 

I think we not on same page 🙂 Have you tried to create a gallery of News Posts? This is regarding sitepages/newsposts within a sharepoint sitepage library. So not a SharePoint documentlibrary.

@DennisNL2020 ,

You are correct - you referred to a Library and I responded accordingly. My post refers to an issue I see a lot and I assume you had the same one.

No, I have not tried creating a News Post, but I suspect the issue is exactly the same - Power Apps resolves any URL-based image reference anonymously (quite simply it treats it as "external"), which means if it is in SharePoint, it is not available without authentication, which Power Apps does not ask for. Sounds convoluted, but it is the reality presently, but the Thumbnail column in the Library is available and is able to be resolved as an image.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,038)