cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyShaw

Barcode Display Issues

Hi,

I'm currently building a stock management app for my company and I'm struggling to get my SharePoint barcodes to display in power apps. 

I have a data card with the barcode set as the data field and have set the properties to preview image. Yet it refuses to show me a preview of my barcode.  

I would also like to be able to export stock tickets for me to attach the barcodes to our physical items of stock. 

Screenshot attached.

Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks Danny

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @DannyShaw ,

What do you mean by Preview Image? Are you expecting to see the barcode in the Image control?

If so, this is not possible - you can only get the actual code in a text box. Please clarify exactly what this image is.

WarrenBelz_0-1610792822953.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

DannyShaw

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your response.

Yes I wanted the actual barcode to show up. 

But to be honest if I could generate the above screen as a PDF, that shows the barcode, that would suit me better.

My end goal is to have a small printable label that I can print and attach to my physical stock items.

Many Thanks 

Danny

Hi @DannyShaw ,

As mentioned, there is no way of producing the actual barcode in Power Apps - you can only retrieve the number from the scanner. Word has a barcode plug-in, but this is a Premium Connector (requiring the cost of upgraded licenses) and I do not believe this can be automated anyway.

Happy to help with getting the number in if that is required.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@DannyShaw 

You might also want to generate the barcode image directly in your app from external means.

As @WarrenBelz mentioned, you cannot capture the image of the barcode unless you are taking a photo, but then you can't get its value.  You can scan the barcode and get the value of it and then use that in a generated image.

So, for example, put an Image control in your app and set the Image property to:

"https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code=123456789&style=197&type=C128B&width=167&height=50&xres=1&font=3"

This will give you a barcode image for 123456789.  This is just one of many online barcode services that you can use and I am not promoting barcodesinc but simply using them as an example.

If you need to push this along to a PDF, you will run into some problems as you can't pass that image as an image to PowerAutomate like that...but, you can use the same concept in your flow to generate the barcode (at least conceptually...I've not done this directly).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,917)