cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JavierBer
Frequent Visitor

Barcode Scanner (Honeywell-Scanner)

Hello,

I'm building an app that should insert the information from a QR code in a field.
When I put the focus on the TextInput field and then use the scanner doesn't work, but in other test app I tried it and then the scanner works.
I don't understand what the problem is
the TextInput fields have the same properties.

Does anyone have an idea I could try?
The scanner is a Honeywell CT45

6 REPLIES 6
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Ok... 

On the Default property of the TextInput, if you write:

BarcodeScanner.Value

Does it work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUvttbYpu4

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

I don't use the barcode scanner property of Powerapps. My "mobile phone/scanner" has an integrated barcode scanner. Usually when I put the focus on the field and then scan the QR code with the scanner from my phone then the field is filled with the information but this time it doesn't work in my app, I have an extra test-
app developed to test the scanner and this app works fine.
Is there a preset for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfr1GDCiFE

Here Shane Young is using a Scanner. See if it helps you

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

JavierBer
Frequent Visitor

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe @Nogueira1306 , aber das Video hat mir nicht geholfen, ich habe getan, was auf dem Video gezeigt wurde, aber es funktioniert immer noch nicht

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @JavierBer ,

Can you please share what you currently have to aid in troubleshooting? And what is not working exactly? Is it that the value is not showing up in the focused TextInput, or the value is not saved.

You mentioned you have a test app that IS working. What are the differences between the two apps?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hallo @BCBuizer 

Ich sagte, der Scanner funktionierte auf der Test-App, aber heute habe ich es erneut getestet und es funktioniert nicht. Ich gehe davon aus, dass mein Gerät (Honeywell CT45) das Problem sein kann. Ich werde die App einfach Schritt für Schritt wieder entwickeln und so hoffe ich, das Problem zu finden.
Das Problem ist nun, dass der Scanner von meinem Gerät nicht mit der App funktioniert.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,175)