Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnbchron
Advocate I
Advocate I

Barcode Scanner Trigger

Heyo everyone.

So I'm building an inventory app that uses barcodes, and due to the way my boss wants the workflow to work, I need to be able to scan individual QR codes from a 8.5x11 sheet of paper filled with QR codes. Unfortunately the in-built barcode scanner will scan the first code it sees, so I can't pick the one I want. Conventional barcode scanners usually have a trigger, so I was wondering if I could do anything like that with the barcode scanner control. Anybody know anything about this?

P.S. Should I post this on the ideas board?

3 REPLIES 3
cds
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

would be a good idea to post. 

Yeah I just did. Hope they do something about it, don't know how well they respond bc I haven't been here long enough.

bouillons
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, I wrote an inventory app for our points of sales, and I would very strongly recommend using a professional scanner or pda for this scenario. It's just way more accurate and performant. You can also add a gun grip for even more comfort. We ended up using a Unitech EA510 device and the users are happy. If you're running the app on a pc, i would recommend using a scanner commonly used in retail, such as the gryphon from datalogic.

Good luck,

Stephane

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,403)