cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobM357

Barcode Scanner and DataMatrix scanning

Hello,

I've been looking around this site and the web in general but haven't been able to find a similar problem or fix.

I've created a pretty basic mobile app for my team to allow us to scan and record desk components; monitors, phones, dock, laptops etc so we have a complete picture of every office/desk for moves, tech upgrades etc.

My problem is the datamatrix part of the scanner, or rather its inability to pickup the codes used by HP Laptops. The Elitebooks are a silver-ish colour and the datamatrix is a grey colour (not 100% sure on this, being colour blind, but it serves as an example) and the barcode scanner in PowerApps seems to have a problem reading these codes.

I've tried an "off the shelf" scanner for free from the Play store (Android user here) and that worked, with a little juggling of light source, angle of laptop etc so I know the data is in there, and I've likewise tried the scanner on a black on white datamatrix code and that worked perfectly.

Are there any other controls I can use (other than the light/torch) like a zoom control or something that might help me here, this is the only part of the app that is giving me headaches at the moment.

Thanks,

Rob

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,335)