cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Barcode Scanner not reading PDF417 codes

Barcode Scanner works great with QR and barcodes.  But it's not reading PDF417.

I tried with United and Delta boarding passes but nothing happens. 

Have you tried to read PDF417 codes?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Barcode Scanner not reading PDF417 codes

Hey @Rodolfo1840 ,

I was wondering which device are you trying to scan with ? (iOS or Android?) I will look into it and get back to you.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@mobakyIt's a Motorola G6 Play with Android 8.0.

By the way, I've downloaded an app called PDF417 (from Google Play) and I can read PDF417 codes

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rodolfo1840 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that Barcode scanner control could not recognize the PDF417 barcode?

Further, which Mobile device do you use to run your canvas app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The Barcode scanner control could scanner the PDF417 barcode.

The version of my PowerApps Mobile Apps is 3.19053.21, the version of my iOS device is 12.3. Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it again, check if the issue still exists.

In addition, please also consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue has been fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@v-xida-msft,

My Motorola G6 Play (Android 8.0.0) cannot recognize PDF417 barcodes only (QR and barcodes are working fine).

I tried with both workarounds that you proposed with NO luck:

- Uninstall / Reinstall PowerApps latest mobile app version (Version 3.19052.15)

- Turn off: Improved app rendering (final validation)" option

However, IT's working on ther mobile:

Moto G5S Plus (Android 8.1.0)

Why?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rodolfo1840 ,

Could you please take a try to upgrade your Android device to the latest version?

Also please consider take a try to turn on the "Experimental performance improvements" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@v-xida-msft, It's still Not working.

I've already tried both workarounds: Upgraded to the latest Android device version and turn on: "Experimental performance improvements" option 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm: the same powerapp that reads pdf417 fine on iPhone X doesn't read pdf417 on my old phone, HTC M8 Android v6.21.605.3.  I'll run some tests and if I get it working I'll report back.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ok, just read it's not supported in Auto mode:  https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerapps-docs/issues/409

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,191)