cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palak
Level: Powered On

Barcode Scanner not working when opened second time

The barcode scanner was working perfectly well untill a few days ago. Now, when I try to use Barcode scanner it works fine for the first time, but when I navigate to a diifferent screen and back to the screen where I have barcode scanner control, I get a message 'Your camera isn't setup, or you're already using it'. It seems the camera isn't closing when I'm navigating to differnt screen. Has anything changed with barcode scanner in last few days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Barcode Scanner not working when opened second time

No information on that part has been received.

But another workaround that has been shared with us is to switch to the Render in Classic mode,which should be able to make the Barcode Scanner works when navigate back, tested from my side, confirmed that this will work.

Under:

File->App Settings->Advanced settings

This issue has been identified, and a fix is expected to be available soon.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Symptom confirmed from my side.

As currently there is no ReSet property available for this control, the only available way to make it work is to Re-open the App.

If you would like to add a reset property for this control, then please vote up the following idea:

Barcode scanning control reset

I will collect this as a feedback and let you know the results once we got any response back.

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Palak

Hi Michael,

This was working fine a few days ago. Did any recent PowerApps update break the barcode control?

Cheers

Palak

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

No information on that part has been received.

But another workaround that has been shared with us is to switch to the Render in Classic mode,which should be able to make the Barcode Scanner works when navigate back, tested from my side, confirmed that this will work.

Under:

File->App Settings->Advanced settings

This issue has been identified, and a fix is expected to be available soon.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

Palak

Another workaround is to change the display mode to Disabled and then back to Edit. This way it will reset Barcode control.

dionne21

I am using the "Experimental" ScanBarcode(), I have a SharePoint new form with Title. OnVisiblie for that screen I have it set to :UpdateContext({barcode: ScanBarcode()}).

My DataCard is set default barcode, when the screen loads it scans the barcode and inputs the text in the textbox. The onsubmit Icon that submits to SharePoint and on success to send to a Success screen.

And another Icon that sends it back to the BarcodeScan Screen, which should then use the UpdateContext({barcode: ScanBarcode()}) on visible command. To scan the next item I also have a refresh button that uses the UpdateContext({barcode: ScanBarcode()}). Just so I can invoke it again.

I would expect for it to scan then new item and enable me to submit to SharePoint. Instead it shows a “getting data” message and no textbox, as if the last read from the scanner wasn't recognized/updated. This happened also before I started using the ScanBarcode() but the scanner would say 'Your camera isn't setup, or you're already using it' I have also tried to “clear” the input text from the barcode by using the OnHidden barcode=”” I am using an iphone 6 to test.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,647)