Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwwalker
Helper I
Helper I

Barcode Scanner

Hi,

Building a simple Barcode Scanner and i need help figuring out a code. I have one scan button and one label to show the scan info to verify i scanned the right barcode. now i have captured the info and need to get that info from that label to my sharepoint list. Any ideas on how to code that. I'm thinking a (?A send button attached to the label of info that patches it to sharepoint?)

15 REPLIES 15

Barcode Scanner snip.png

Blue button sends value to label, i need the green button to pull the value from label and send to sharepoint.

I have sharepoint attached to my green button.

Hi @jwwalker 

The Patch code looks great.

What is the data type of 'BarcodeScanned', 'Who' and 'When' columns?

Must ensure all column types match, please share the columns construct of the Share Point list.

Also, please share the error message, I need more information about the error.

Sik

I have been working on something similar, but just used a form instead.  The barcode label is just a field in a form and the "send to sharepoint" button is just a submitform action.  

If you didn't want users to see the label then turn off visibility for the form.

Barcode scanner are the format of text/string. so If you want to patch for example a number type you need to specify the type before you patch it into sharepoint. 

For Number Type it would be  

Value(Barcodescanner.value) 

@v-siky-msft @MrNappa  Thank you for the help! I am new to Powerapps and in a learning curve and  have solved this issue.

Hi @jwwalker 

Glad to see the issue is solved.

Could you please mark the posts that answer your questions as answers? It would help other members to find it quickly.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,885)