cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jindrich
Level: Power Up

Barcode app wich can change the code.

Hello.

I have a question: I'm creating an app for a waste barcode. And I have to rewrite the barcode with the button. This means that you need to scan the barcode because it is bad in the database and you need to change several pieces of code.

Example: I have a code (000067049A 240) (codebar) and need to overwrite the code by selecting 80 (80 liter bin) from the options list and the code will be changed to (00006709A 80) and then saved to excel.

Thank you in advance for your reply Jindra.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
EricLott
Level 10

Re: Barcode app wich can change the code.

Scanning the barcode will store the barcode value in BarcodeScanner1.Value. You can then use this to Patch() or Update() your data source and change the value. Depending on if the barcode is generated or printed, you'll need to replace the old barcode.

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

eka24
Level 10

2 REPLIES 2
EricLott
Level 10

Scanning the barcode will store the barcode value in BarcodeScanner1.Value. You can then use this to Patch() or Update() your data source and change the value. Depending on if the barcode is generated or printed, you'll need to replace the old barcode.

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

eka24
Level 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,290)