Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barcode scanning not working on iOS iPhone

Configurations tried :

Scanrate : 30 25  20 15

Dimension: 640x700 , 640 * 650 , 640 * 600

Barcode Types Tried: codabar ,code128,code39,ean,i2of5 and upc

Indicator is not coming as it comes in Android . Have attached the screenshots of the same.

Is there anybody who solved this bug from microsoft of anybody found any work around for is PowerApps bug in iOS?

13 REPLIES 13
katie406
Frequent Visitor

Hi thanks for your quick reply. I am using the ScanBarcode() fuction and placing this data into a gallery. The first scan that should show in the gallery doens't populate anymore. The second time I scan, they show up no problem. It is only the first scan that does not work. 

@katie406 I am not able to reproduce your issue on my device but I would advise you to use the Barcode Scanner control instead of the function because the function should be deprecated very soon.

katie406
Frequent Visitor

Ok thank you for the info. Does Powerapps have any updated documentation on the newly implemented barcode scanner? Thanks again for the help.

yes, here is the link for the control's documentation (Link), it is just missing a newly added property OnScan which is a behaviour property and works similar to the OnSelect property on other controls.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,517)