Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Beads Across Top of Screen

Maybe a strange question...

The little dots that run left to right across the top of the screen, I am assuming they mean that there is some 'active' communication going on between the 'screen' or the 'app' and a data connection at the time it is happening; simply an affirmation patience pacifier for the User?

Or, do they actually mean something? If they do, mine never seem to stop...which, I fear, is not a good thing.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Beads Across Top of Screen

Hi @Phishdawg ,

Your assumption is correct - Power App is saying "hang on while I do what you have asked me to do"

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Phishdawg ,

Yes - something is not working as intended or is taking a long time to execute.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @Phishdawg ,

Firstly, have a look at the Monitor facility - this may achieve some of your needs.
On the username - it is better to use the built-in User().FullName function. As this is not Delegable, set a Variable at App OnStart

Set(vUserName,User().FullName)

then Filter the gallery on this on whatever field you want to reference. Note you can use 'Created By'.DisplayName, but this is not Delegable.

On this one I have to tell you I do not use the People facility as due to the size (very large) or our organisation we keep a separate reference list for our relative small division. If you did this however, you could easily achieve the result required.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Phishdawg ,

Your assumption is correct - Power App is saying "hang on while I do what you have asked me to do"

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

...and, if the beads are continuous even though there is no action being performed; would this indicate improperly formatted and resource draining filters running in the background?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Phishdawg ,

Yes - something is not working as intended or is taking a long time to execute.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Warren:

Great clarity. Thank you for the patience and assistance. Three things I'd like to accomplish.

1. Is there a way to see all created and running filters in my Apps through single view, to allow
    all me to look at each and determine appropriateness of configuration and other details?
      2. In one app I am using a Gallery to filter for specific employee training information. I am using
          the UserName function from the employee directory to pull in the UserName. I have an column in
          the Employee list that replicates the UserName pulled from the employee directory. How can I set
          the Screen / Gallery to use the employee UserName to filter for only data associated with the
          employee?

3. Same scenario as above, except now I'm the boss at the same location. My presence should make 
          visible or enable a Dropdown based on my UserName that allows me to see not only my
          information based on my UserName but also filter through all of my subordinates based on the
          Department we all work in.

Thank you,
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @Phishdawg ,

Firstly, have a look at the Monitor facility - this may achieve some of your needs.
On the username - it is better to use the built-in User().FullName function. As this is not Delegable, set a Variable at App OnStart

Set(vUserName,User().FullName)

then Filter the gallery on this on whatever field you want to reference. Note you can use 'Created By'.DisplayName, but this is not Delegable.

On this one I have to tell you I do not use the People facility as due to the size (very large) or our organisation we keep a separate reference list for our relative small division. If you did this however, you could easily achieve the result required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,932)