cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Varik
Helper II
Helper II

Before investing hours learning Power Apps.

Hey all,

In my company, we are using VBA code in MS Word to create reports based on a template.

Concretely, people are doing their missions and after that, they come back in the office and type the mission report.

It creates a report with a code, a name, a date, the witer and a PNG signature.

Is it possible to replace this generator by an app which allow the user to enter some informations, import datas and generate a Word document with these informations.

And after copy this doc on a specific SharePoint.

Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Take a look at the following video by Shane Young on producing a PDF using Power Automate.  As @RandyHayes said, you'll use Power Apps to collect the information and then create the document using Power Automate.  The document can then be output to OneDrive, SharePoint, or Email.

PowerApps PDF Generator using Microsoft Flow PDF Converter - YouTube

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Varik 

Yes, the referenced video by @Pstork1 is a good place to start.  It will give you the basics of what you need to contemplate your solution.

I would spend time getting up to speed on the platform before going after the certifications.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Yes it is possible.  The one issue would be that to generate it as a Word document would require either a third party connector or a premium license (per app or per user).  You could generate a PDF document with just a standard connection, but to interact with Word will require a premium license.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Varik 

Yes, you can do all of this in PowerApp - but, you might be looking at this slightly different.  PowerApps is not part of Word nor does it interact with Word.  It gathers data and stores it.  So, if your App was to collect the relevant information from the users and store it in a list, you could utilize PowerAutomate to pick up that record and then produce a Word document and then store it in a document library.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hey,

Thank you for the quick answer.

Maybe we can stop using MS Word. 

The man goal is to create a PDF document to send to the customer.

The advantage using MS Word is to fill all the texts fields (many of them). And because completing a Word document is easy for everybody. I'm starting investigating it and it looks pretty difficult for me.

What reading can you advise me to learn it?

Is it ok to spend time for Power Platform certifications?

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Take a look at the following video by Shane Young on producing a PDF using Power Automate.  As @RandyHayes said, you'll use Power Apps to collect the information and then create the document using Power Automate.  The document can then be output to OneDrive, SharePoint, or Email.

PowerApps PDF Generator using Microsoft Flow PDF Converter - YouTube

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Varik 

Yes, the referenced video by @Pstork1 is a good place to start.  It will give you the basics of what you need to contemplate your solution.

I would spend time getting up to speed on the platform before going after the certifications.

Varik
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you two for the answers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (6,790)