cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinguito
Helper I
Helper I

Best Practices to avoid delegation (addcolumns function tip)

Hi guys,

I have some questions about the best practices to avoid delegation using dataverse lookup columns. Cause when I have a relationship between two tables and wanna filter in a gallery by id, the app is giving me delegation problem.

So, I learned a time ago, one thing that helps me to avoid the delegation alert likes add a AddColumns function (Solved: Filtering a gallery based on a second level relati... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....) and all my apps i used this.

But, I made some tests decreasing the delegation row limits and I noticed that the delegation problem continue, but the app don't show me message error.

Someone can test this and confirm to me, please? And if is correct, is there some way to know all place of my app that having this problem, like using monitor or debugging?

Pinguito_0-1623442488404.png

18 REPLIES 18
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Pinguito This is because of a Preview feature seen below,

CNT_0-1623683888128.png

When this is ON, it will load only columns that are explicitly used. Because you are not using the Valor column explicitly its value is blank and when it's all added up it just returns 0.

@CNT thank you very much! Now I think it's all correct (:

Pinguito
Helper I
Helper I

@CNT  one last question, please. If we need to get all register of a 3rd entity but using the first, how would you do?

In your last example is like: Events > EventAttendance > WeekDay

So, I want to return all week days created by selecting the event.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Pinguito Unfortunately we can't go more than 1 level. We will have to do a LookUp to do that. Hope the Product Team will change that someday. 

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Pinguito Hope you got is all sorted!

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept the solution as it will help others in the future.

@CNT What do you do in this case? Create a LookUp Column between Events and WeekDay? I need to access this data in 3rd relationship entity without have delegate warn 😕

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Pinguito yes, when we want to more than 1 level deep, we have to query that separately with Search, Filter or LookUp.

Pinguito
Helper I
Helper I

@CNT could u give me example pls? using id column

Pinguito
Helper I
Helper I

@CNT I would like to get all "Despesas" of all items in my gallery, like this:

Pinguito_0-1623767028126.png

What is the best way? Please help meee

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (901)