Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keyboardWrench
Helper III
Helper III

Best Way to Share a Copy of a Developed App

Hello, 

What is the the best way to Share a Copy of an App that has a Gallery or data source from  testing SharePoint list?

Once the copy has been shared how will the recipient connect to the new SharePoint list?

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@keyboardWrench 

Simply delete the connection to SharePoint and add a new one.  If the List Name and Field Names are spelled the same you will not receive any errors.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@keyboardWrench 
You can export a Power App using these instructions.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-packaging/

Then you must build a SharePoint list with the same name, columns and data types in the recipient's environment.  This can be done by:

• Manually recreating the list
  • Recreate the SharePoint list using Flow (you'll have to build this)
  • Using a paid tool like ShareGate to migrate the SharePoint (https://sharegate.com/)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Hi @mdevaney 

Do you have any ideas/inputs on how I can reconfigure the new SharePoint link and set this as my data source after manually recreating my SharePoint list?

@keyboardWrench 

Simply delete the connection to SharePoint and add a new one.  If the List Name and Field Names are spelled the same you will not receive any errors.

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,885)