Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarishNayak
Helper II
Helper II

Best approach to handle multiple users from editing same item

Hi All, 

Trying to understand the best approach in handling multiple users from editing the same item at the same time.

I have a power apps linked to sharepoint which is being used my multiple users. There can be a possibility that 2 different users try to edit the same item at the same time. Is there a best way of handling this?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @HarishNayak ,

Probably use Patch instead of SubmitForm (where the user will get a conflict message), but if you are concerned about them editing the same field, set a Variable when the record is selected from the Gallery

Set(varRecord,ThisItem)

and then check before saving that varRecord.Modified is the same as looking up the current record Modified.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HarishNayak ,

The best way to prevent multiple people from editing the same record is to make sure there wouldn't be multiple users need to edit the same record. For example, first level users would only see items those created by them but they are not allowed to edit, second level users could edit or delete only the records belonging to them (created by themselves or specific users group managed by them).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,236)