cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jd71
Regular Visitor

Best practice for a search functionality

Hi all,

I have a table that contain all competences and i have in my canvas app a search page that contain multicriteria logic where i can search users that match with competences I've selected.

Competences are splitted in 3 catégories

Product, sector, transverse

When I'm selecting a product competence, I collect the selection in a collection named colProductSelected,

When I'm selecting a sector competence, I collect the selection in a collection named colSectorSelected 

When I'm selecting a transverse competence I collect the selection in a collection named colTransverseSelected

Now, when I'm clicking in the Search button, I want to retrieve in the competence table all the competences that are in the 3 collections I've created.

Is that the correct way? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks for help 

1 REPLY 1
Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Use Collect or ClearCollect (there are better ways to do this) to create a new collection with all the ones you created earlier. In the database world, this is called a JOIN operation. In this link you can get a better idea of how to get the expected result.

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,999)