cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Best practice for adding taken pictures to SharePoint List with PowerApps app

Hi

I have created an app with PA. No experience at all, leaning on idea's wandering on the internet, great stuff !

I now have an app with 3 screens

1- Welcome with button

2- Form to report an observation

3- Thank you page

On Screen 2 I have a Camera control added with an image on the right side that is visible when a picture is taken.

All the information from the form is submitted to a connected SharePoint List.

The issue for me is uploading the picture. Now it is uploaded in base64 ?, but that is unreadable..

What can I do to improve this, to see a thumbnail or the picture as an attachment?

I included some screenshots

1- Welcome with button

2- Form to report an observation

3- Thank you page

I will try to add these via the comments;

4- Submit button selected and code

5- How 4 images are stored in the SP List

Please ask for more information if that helps, thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Best practice for adding taken pictures to SharePoint List with PowerApps app

4- Submit button selected and code4- Submit button selected and code5- How 4 images are stored in the SP List5- How 4 images are stored in the SP List

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Best practice for adding taken pictures to SharePoint List with PowerApps app

Hi @JC-Schrijver ,

So far, you cannot use a camera control to take the picture and send it to attachments control. 

According to https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-sharepoint-lists/:

In the upcoming releases we are planning to enable the attachments control to take attachments from other controls inside your app (such as a signature from a Pen input control) as well as allowing you to view some of your attachments such as images inside the app. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mona,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yesterday I've found a video from Shane Young that shows a method for storing images taken by camera.

https://youtu.be/ovLIwnj6QjU

[PowerApps Flow Intro Upload an image to SharePoint using Flow]

Is there a way to use (a piece) that coding as a solution for my problem (=seeing base64 instead of an image)?

Not patching, but having a Flow running in the background?

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @JC-Schrijver ,

Did you ever get to release the attachment control to attach an image from a camera into an SPO list item?

I was looking for the control, but I don't seem to have an attachment control.  Can you please point me to the menu for that?

Thank you,

Joe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,371)