cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreamsat
Helper III
Helper III

Best practice to modify an power app which is already live in production

I created a PowerApp and would like to go live. I am just wondering what I need to do in the future if I would like to do modifications. Do I need to modify the PowerApp and only save and not publish? Or is there another best practice how like for example a solution and multiple environments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dreamsat ,

Yes, if you want to make some modification on the app, but not go live, just go to edit the App, save and not publish it. You can also go to App Details to manage the app versions. However, this is only suitable for some temporary modification. To the healthy  application lifecycle management in PowerApps, the modification/update should be implemented in test/sandbox environment, and deploy the update to production environment via solution after the test is passed.

Here is Microsoft Documents about https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/alm/ for your reference. 

This section provides information about the various scenarios that will help you reach the end goal of implementing and practicing healthy application lifecycle management (ALM).

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dreamsat ,

Yes, if you want to make some modification on the app, but not go live, just go to edit the App, save and not publish it. You can also go to App Details to manage the app versions. However, this is only suitable for some temporary modification. To the healthy  application lifecycle management in PowerApps, the modification/update should be implemented in test/sandbox environment, and deploy the update to production environment via solution after the test is passed.

Here is Microsoft Documents about https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/alm/ for your reference. 

This section provides information about the various scenarios that will help you reach the end goal of implementing and practicing healthy application lifecycle management (ALM).

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,764)