cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaLiLu124
Frequent Visitor

Best practices for a PowerApp release - share with group

Hello,
I wanted to ask about the best practices for a PowerApp release.

I have built an app to be shared with the executives only. How do I go about this. Currently there is only one environment, which is the default environment.

My thoughts were:
- need a new environment
- I put the app in there
- I make a security group and add all executives to it (is that right?)
- I share the app with the security group

here are my questions:
- the executives access this app how? (is Teams an option? What is the best practices here) / on the sidebar? 

- did I forget something?
- should it be a security group? an office group? 
- do I need to consider something with the environment, does this security group need to have access to this environment?

I happy for any advice - still a beginner in PowerApps

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @LaLiLu124 , 

- the executives access this app how? (is Teams an option? What is the best practices here) / on the sidebar? 

You can add the App into Teams or share the App URL with them and they bookmark it. Best Practice is depending on if your end-users are actively using teams. 

- did I forget something?

Are using Dataverse as your Data source?

- should it be a security group? an office group? 

Security Group is the best practice specially if your app will be integrated with other collaboration tools.
- do I need to consider something with the environment, does this security group need to have access to this environment?

Yes, your AAD security Group will need access to the Environment and you can create Environment Team of a AAD Security Group Type and grant them Access (Configuration here will depend on whether or not you are using Dataverse)

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,405)