cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinBielik1
Regular Visitor

Best practices for creating canvas app

Hello Everyone,

I searched over topics there but i didn't really find what i was looking for so i try that way to ask for help (I hope i'm not creating duplicate question)

Imagine story where you have a lot of users that will create hundreds/thousands of Canvas apps

What should be good practices to:

1. Ensure that in Canvas app will always be visible author + some description of application (probably also some image or styling)?

2. How to force author to always fill these values, so for example author will not be able to publish Canvas app without filling these informations?

3. How to prohibit author to remove that lets say "component", so Canvas app will always must have these informations

4. Is there some possibility to do some action when Canvas app is published? (some onPublished event or something)

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

While it doesn't directly address most of your questions, check out some of the resources available under the PowerApps Center of Excellence. It helps you craft some governance and automation around apps so you can let people be creative, but keep things organized.

One of the single best practices: a flow that automatically add a second (usually IT dept) owner to all apps. This gives immediate visibility to the app and helps you get resources to new app makers as they adopt.

Some of your other questions may make good suggestions for future functionality - consider nominating those on the Community page.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,387)