cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Best way to collect a response from an email

So I have a Power Apps application that we use internally to send referrals.  It collects some information on a form and then sends an email to one particular external email address.  As the status of my request changes I am looking for a simple way for the external individual to communicate that back so it can be updated in the application.   Can this be done with MS Forms?  I'm just not sure where to start.  One other complication,  our inbound mail is routed back to gmail so I don't think I would be able to automate a process based on a return email.   Thanks for any suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @nhale ,

MS Forms may be a solution as you can run a Flow and put the response back in SharePoint (and it will work with external users), however one limitation is that you cannot "send" anything to the form to reflect what record to write back to (it can only really write new records). 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @nhale ,

MS Forms may be a solution as you can run a Flow and put the response back in SharePoint (and it will work with external users), however one limitation is that you cannot "send" anything to the form to reflect what record to write back to (it can only really write new records). 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

You can use MS Forms. I think there is a trigger for when a new email arrives in Gmail so you may automate a process based on a return email.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_gmail/gmail/

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks I will give that a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,065)