cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Best way to create tabs in Power Apps?

Hi Team! 

This is my question to everyone and specifically to the Product Staff to know what's the best approach to create Tabs in Power Apps? 

I have a requirement where I have to create different (below) tabs in a screen. 

1. View Work Details
  2. View Location
  3. Edit Work Details
  4. Edit Media

How can I achieve this? Can you please point me to the right direction?

Thank you 

Arafat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@ArafatTehsin 

You can use a single screen and show/hide controls when the user clicks on a tab.  It will appear like there are multiple screens but there aren't.  An advantage of doing things this way is you can reuse any common elements.

Put this code in the OnVisible property of your screen

Set(currentTab,"View Work Details")

Next create a new button and put this code in the OnSelect property

Then for every control you want showing on 'View Work Details' you must put this code in the visible property.  For any controls showing on other screens use the appropriate name

currentPage="View Work Details"

Repeat these steps for each pairing of tabs and controls.  If you need further instructions watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_mFIfi5PM

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@ArafatTehsin 

You can use a single screen and show/hide controls when the user clicks on a tab.  It will appear like there are multiple screens but there aren't.  An advantage of doing things this way is you can reuse any common elements.

Put this code in the OnVisible property of your screen

Next create a new button and put this code in the OnSelect property

Then for every control you want showing on 'View Work Details' you must put this code in the visible property.  For any controls showing on other screens use the appropriate name

currentPage="View Work Details"

Repeat these steps for each pairing of tabs and controls.  If you need further instructions watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_mFIfi5PM

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Hi @mdevaney 

Thank you for the prompt response. Do we have any way of doing it with the multiple screens or this is considered to be the best way? 

Thanks

Arafat

@ArafatTehsin 

Yes, you should take the single screen approach.  I have not heard of anyone doing a multiple screen approach before so single-screen is definitely the most accepted way 🙂

---

Cheers mate. Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (53,589)