Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yukonn
Advocate III
Advocate III

Best way to load Data

Hi,

I'm making App with OData. My App consume the OData and show on App. I have 120K items in my item tables. I need to wait so long, after that "function call exceed the time out of 90 sec". So i limited the rows 120K to 10K on my OData services. But i still need to wait 2min plus if i use cable or wifi. It's not good enough for user. You all know most of mobile app is load some data to app at first time and then they load next records if user scroll the grid. My idea is i want to load 100 records on first loading and continue to load 100 records when user scroll the Gallery. I don't see any way to detect the scrolling event on apps. I don't want to put the button and fetching next records.

I hope someone can give me good suggestion.

Regards,

Yukon

3 REPLIES 3
hngdev
Resolver II
Resolver II

I used to have the same issue.

The problem here is the more records you load into the gallery, the more binding processes take place, the more memory used up, the longer to load the app.

What I did was I tried to add some filters (checkboxes, datepicker, etc.) to filter data, also, I add a button with coordinate (x,y) of the gallery so that when the user clicks the button, it will load one other set of data. This helps me to reduce loading time and memory usage.

As far as I notice, the more bindings (could be the more controllers, screens), the more memory usage.

Hi,

I agree with you. Most of apps no longer to use move next, previous button on apps. We will face search function problem if we use move next or previous. Or we need to do more work for this. Now, i get time out error when i load max record.

As far as I notice, the more bindings (could be the more controllers, screens), the more memory usage.

Sure, my app consume 2GB when i open the app.

Regards,

Yukon

This is something that PowerApps team should be looking at because PowerApps is created to build Business app therefore, a huge data source is inevitable.

And I think the more customizable the studio is, the better. I believe this is something that the team already thought of and could do, however, by doing that, it goes against the idea when they build the app that is build app without code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,488)