cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Better way to manage the design elements of a form

I'm finding I'm having to spend way more time tweaking the design/colors, etc of my app vs having to actually code & build it.  Especially in the Forms element.  I have to change like 6-7 properties of every single dropdown, to achieve the look we want.  And it doesn't look like I can select multiple data elements and do it once for the whole form.  There has to be a better way.... Does anyone have advice or know of a post or something that might help me save time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@andrewelypalmer 

The branding template by @iAm_ManCat is exactly what you need.  It’s a free template app and it works with SharePoint and other datasources with no additional licensing cost.

Link to app:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-App-Samples/Branding-Template-App-V2/td-p/363582

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

To select multiple items, Press and hold control key whilst Selecting all the form elements you want

With regards to the format as colors .. it is better to create a variable for example;

Set(myfillcolor,Green)

Then you can use the variable myfillcolor whichever color you want to fill. Changing the color in the variable Automatically changes all. Do same for others as font size etc.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@andrewelypalmer 

The branding template by @iAm_ManCat is exactly what you need.  It’s a free template app and it works with SharePoint and other datasources with no additional licensing cost.

Link to app:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-App-Samples/Branding-Template-App-V2/td-p/363582

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Eka24.  Though For whatever reason, when you create a form and tie it to a data entity, you can't select multiple form elements at the same time to do what you are suggesting. I don't know why it doesn't work in forms specifically, wish it did.  Everywhere else I can select multiple elements and edit them at the same time, which is certainly faster.  Thanks for the tip on the variable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,907)