cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_Baugher
Frequent Visitor

BiLingual Dropdown

I have a bilingual app and am swapping between languages (french and english). I'm having issues with the drop downs combined with submitform.

I have the sharepoint dropdown list set to include all the values (both french and english) and I figured I'd just filter the choices to show based on my userlanguagefinal variable. 

Switch(
    userlanguagefinal,
    "en",
    Filter(
        Choices([@'source'].'Type of Work'),
        Value = "one" || Value = "two" || Value = "three" || Value = "four" || Value = "five" || Value = "six"
    ),
    "fr",
    Filter(
        Choices([@'source'].'Type of Work'),
        Value = "seven" || Value = "eight" || Value = "nine" || Value = "ten" || Value = "eleven" || Value = "twelve"
    )
)

The "en" options seem to work fine. The "fr" pops an error "an entry is required or has an invalid value." I've double checked those values - even copied and pasted them across to be extra sure. Anything obvious I'm missing here? Alternatively a better way to do things?

2 REPLIES 2
DavidBraendler
Resolver II
Resolver II

HI, 

It sounds to me that rather than have a table where each row contains both english and french words and you select between them you instead have a table where some rows contain english and some french .. and you then have to select the right rows. Is this correct?

Is so then my suggestion is to setup a list in SharePoint List where each row has a french and english word in in. I would call this something like "DB_Translation" , and set it up with two columns - one for the English words, and one for the French words. These columns should be single text. Call these columns "English" and "French", and fill this out with all the words that you need in your application. 

At this point it's a lot easier to search for the list of equivalent words (or to translate a word).

But I'm not 100% sure I'm clear on what you are trying to do. 

proxyprochy
Resolver I
Resolver I

If it's as easy as a single word translation, you should check out

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-microsoft-transl...

That would be much easier .

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,450)