cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ire
Frequent Visitor

Bidding/Auction Button

I'm trying to create a bidding/auction app on power apps and I do not know how to make the bid button(the button the user will click to make bids) to increment every time a user makes a bid. The only thing I've done is add a button and rename it make bid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Assumng you have 2 TextBoxes, one that receives the Input and one that displays the Increment (Output), put this code on the Onselect of the button:

Set(IncreasetheValue,InputTextInput.Text+OuPutTextInput.Text)

or
Set(IncreasetheValue,Value(InputTextInput.Text)+Value(OuPutTextInput.Text))
Then in the OuPutTextInput default property put:
IncreasetheValue
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You will need to make a place to store the bids, probably a SharePoint list or a Dataverse For Teams table.  You can use a Patch function with your button OnSelect to write new bids from a text input control to enter the bid, and have a label that shows the current max bid.  You could then build in some validation where the new bid has to be greater than the current max to enable the button.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

eka24
Super User
Super User

Assumng you have 2 TextBoxes, one that receives the Input and one that displays the Increment (Output), put this code on the Onselect of the button:

Set(IncreasetheValue,InputTextInput.Text+OuPutTextInput.Text)

or
Set(IncreasetheValue,Value(InputTextInput.Text)+Value(OuPutTextInput.Text))
Then in the OuPutTextInput default property put:
IncreasetheValue
------------

------------

Ire
Frequent Visitor

I have an excel table where all the data such as product name, image bid price etc are. Should I use SharePoint list for this or I should leave the excel table and create a separate SharePoint list to store the bids.

Ire
Frequent Visitor

Please what do you mean by a textbox? A text label or a text input?

I meant text input 

------------

Ire
Frequent Visitor

After I create the two text inputs, one to receive the input and one to display the increment. Will I type the code as it is or edit it? Because it gives an error message. I removed the bid price because of the two text inputs I'm adding.Screenshot (26).pngScreenshot (25).png 

Insert a Button and put the code OnSelect of that Button (so remove the code from where you have put it as shown in your Screen shot)

Also remember to change the name of the Text input so that it reflect the name of Your text input.

------------

Ire
Frequent Visitor

It worked Thank you. Also do I need to create a SharePoint list to store all the bids made and which user made the bid? And if I want it to end at a particular time how do I do that because right now the bid price is infinite so how do I make it stop after a particular period of time.

Please you can put your new question in a fresh post.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,784)