Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CanD
Helper IV
Helper IV

Big problem with the design in Teams and PowerApps

Hello together,

i have a really really big problem with my App. I created an app and over Power Apps it looks fine. After i used over Microsoft Teams in the App it does not fit the design like directly over Power Apps. For examples all Buttons are not at the same place. I have a image in the background and the buttons should be over the image exactly in the same right place like over power apps. Is there a problem with the picture? In Teams the window is smaller than over Power Apps. It is the first time i got this problem so i really don't know how to fix it in the best and fastest way.

I hope someone can really help me.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
AlexBlanes
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

Are your X ,Y , width and height dynamic or static? If the first is your case, you should recalculate the formulas. Instead if you have the second option you might use formulas.

I found this link really useful to make dynamic sites.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

In my case with responsives layouts I only have problems when the screen is small.

Hello @AlexBlanes ,

thank you for the message. My height and width in the app is static. I also have the problem only when the screen is smaller (in Teams for example). I have the problem only with the length/width. The height is always correct. The image in the background is not a real background image but only an image and is also static. Do you have by any chance a tip how I have to adjust the formula exactly?
Would be really great.

To adjust the width. In the formulas I always make referene to the Parent.Width and divide it. Usually between 2 or 3 even 4 o 5 on the desktop application . Anyways this might not resolve your problem.

I'm not really expert with PowerApps but I think you should consider to investigate SizeBreak. It looks like a way to make the design to concrete resolutions.

In the other hand, I would disable "Adjusting size to content" on the Show tab of the Application Configuration.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,575)