cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Bind a form control to a custom components input propety

Hey guys,

I want to create a new custom component and bind a form to a custom property of this new component. The Problem is, I cant select any type like "form control". So I tried to use the dataset type. But when I want to bind the dataset like: 

{form: Form1}

I get the following error message:

"expected a different collection record structure"

So, what to do? I'm looking forward for your help 🙂

Regards,

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Bind a form control to a custom components input propety

Hi @JanMann ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to bind a form control to a Input Property of the custom component?

Currently, the Form Control Data type is not supported in custom Component within PowerApps. If you specify Record or Table as Data Type, you should specify proper Text value, Number, Boolean value (primitive type value) for these child attributes under the Record or Table data type (data set) rather than a Form control.

If you want to bind a form control to a Input Property of the custom component, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JanMann ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to bind a form control to a Input Property of the custom component?

Currently, the Form Control Data type is not supported in custom Component within PowerApps. If you specify Record or Table as Data Type, you should specify proper Text value, Number, Boolean value (primitive type value) for these child attributes under the Record or Table data type (data set) rather than a Form control.

If you want to bind a form control to a Input Property of the custom component, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply!

In my case I created a custom header component where I want the ability to toggle a "submit" button inside the header for forms outside the header. Thats why I want to bind the form to the input property. It's already possible for the "back"-button, because there was an option to bind a site, but not a form yet.

As you said, unfortunately it seems to be not possible yet. So I think I will post the request in the post behind the link you posted.

Thanks again and regards,

Jan

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JanMann ,

Thanks for your feedback. If this feature is released in PowerApps, I would also reply here to let you know.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,354)