cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macrag
Advocate I
Advocate I

Binding Collection to EditForm is not working

I have a form where users fill in and save the data directly to Sharepoint List. But in some cases users fill in the form and save it to Collection for further edit (This is mainly due to No internet connection).

What I have tried so far is

1)On screen 1 I have a New Form where users will fill in the data and saves to share point directly when the Internet connection is available

2)If there is no internet connection we Save the form data locally to a Collection using Collect(tempLocalCollection,{},{},{});

2)Added New Screen where I have added a Gallery Control(Gallery1) which is binded to this Local collection(tempLocalCollection) which is working fine

3)I have added an Edit form below that Gallery Control and set the Datasource to the tempLocalCollection and Items to Gallery1.Selected. But my Edit Form doesn't show any fields as it says It can't find any datasource to connect to.

I have looked in to some threads which mentions Edit Form can't bind to the Collection as it is a temporary collection. Please can any one confirm is this is correct or whether we have any other alternatives to achive this as I need to  bind this local collection to an Edit form where users will change data and Submit.

11 REPLIES 11

I second this proposal. It's just not logical that a collection can not be bound to a form and I ran into the same issue. In my case I load records from a webservice into a datatable or Gallery control. Then I would like to be able to show the details for a given record in a form, and thus use DataTable.Selected as the forms datasource. 

Bas

Boneckrh19
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Vote for this idea if you would like support for collections to be used as a fully functional datasource in display and edit forms!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Allow-Collections-to-be-used-as-a-DataSource-in-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,581)